Activities and Social Groups
Resources for Autism provide practical services for children and adults with an autistic spectrum condition and for those who love and care for them.
They offer specialist groups for people with a diagnosis of autism aged 19 and upward wherever they are on the spectrum. One to one support is available and all staff are autism trained. Support can be given to enable the transition from home to groups through home visits, social stories, visual supports in fact anything that might help.
Social and Support Groups
To find out if there and social groups in the Birmingham area call the Autism Helpline run by NAS on 0845 070 4004 or you can email them at email@example.com.
Who can attend the groups?
The groups are available for anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age.
- A diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or High Functioning Autism.
- Living in Birmingham, Solihull or Sandwell.
- Wanting to meeting others with autism and talk about the condition.
How can I join a group?
There are two ways to join a group:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and type 'Support Groups Application' in the subject box.
- Phone us on 0121 450 7582 and ask to chat to one of the Aspire team.
Autism test link here.