This mandatory module is designed to help you better understand the role records management has to play in your day to day work and the importance of good quality information.
It will look at:
- what records management is
- why records management and the quality of data is important
- the characteristics of good quality data
- your role and responsibilities for managing records and ensuring that data is fit for purpose
- Approximately 1 hour to complete
This module is designed to help you better understand the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the rights people have to access information held by public bodies.
This module will explain:
- what the Freedom of Information Act 2000 is
- gives examples of the types of information people want
- discusses the exemptions included within the Act
- explains the purpose of the Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- the rights people have to access information relating to the environment
The aim of this training module is for you to:
- understand why the quality of data is important
- understand the characteristics of good quality data
- know where to find the council's Data Quality Strategy and Improvement Plan
- understand what your role and responsibilities are and the care that you need to take to ensure that data is fit for purpose
You can expect to spend about 45 minutes completing this module and the quiz that is in the module- you need to reach 80% to pass the module but can take the quiz as many times as you need.
Please select the link below to launch the module.